The Idea Launch Grant
Two $750 grants are available exclusively to VSECU members to use towards any project idea that has a social mission to create a positive impact in Vermont.
ShareYourself/VSECU "The Idea Launch" Grant Collaboration
ShareYourself (SYS) is a social impact project management platform and social community designed to incubate and accelerate impactful community projects.
VSECU is a values-based financial cooperative that is open to everyone who lives or works in Vermont. Their vision is to inspire a movement that brings people together to empower the possibilities for greater financial, environmental, and social prosperity
SYS and VSECU are collaborating to offer two $750 grants to projects that create positive social impact in communities around Vermont. The goal of the collaboration is to encourage VSECU members to bring their great ideas to life and enhance create an impact in our local economy.
For this collaboration, 2 grants of $750 each are available for any VSECU members. Any VSECU members can use the free tools at ShareYourself.org to organize a project and apply for a grant.
Please note that this grant is coming very soon.
Grant open date: 11/19/19 - 11/29/20
Decision date: 12/05/20
ShareYourself Grant Qualification Checklist
In order for your project to qualify for the grant, it must meet the minimum requirements outlined below:
First Stage: Jump in and get started
Create a social impact Project on the SYS platform
Upload a Project photo
Upload a Profile photo
Complete a 10-minute Orientation Call with a member of the ShareYourself team
Second Stage: Get your Project moving...fast
Have at least 3 team members on your project
Follow 5 different projects/members (excluding SYS team members)
Create at least two project updates on the ShareYourself platform
Develop a blueprint of your project by using the project management feature on ShareYourself (create milestones and tasks)
The grant money must be used to benefit the project, not the recipient.
The project must have a social impact mission that is specifically relevant to the applicant's local community.
Grants are awarded to projects that demonstrate progress, viability, and strong involvement from the project creator and tribe members.
Grant winners are chosen based on the following criteria:
- The project must meet the grant criteria; whether it’s location or theme.
- The quality of steps taken towards completion of requirements.
- Active interaction with the SYS platform by both the project creator and their team.
- Activity is defined as demonstrating progress on the development of the project, which includes:
- Frequency of logins
- Opening and closing tasks and milestones
- Creating detailed, creative and authentic tasks and milestones
- Sharing updates
- Active communication with the ShareYourself team regarding the project.
- Demonstration of enthusiasm and dedication for the project, social/environmental impact, and action the project requires in order to succeed.