The ShareYourself/Front Porch Forum Grant
This grant created in collaboration with Front Porch Forum. The goal is to promote collaborations between neighbors to improve their neighborhoods and communities.
ShareYourself/Front Porch Forum Grant
ShareYourself (SYS) is a social impact project management platform and social community designed to incubate and accelerate impactful community projects.
Front Porch Forum (FPF) is a free community e-newsletter service that is available across Vermont and parts of New York, whose mission is to help neighbors connect and build community.
SYS and FPF are collaborating to offer grant support for community projects in selected communities around Vermont. The goal of the collaboration is to support neighbors in working together to turn good ideas into successful projects that benefit the community.
To pilot test this collaboration, 8 grants of $1000 each are available for selected communities within the Front Porch Forum platform. Any FPF member in any of the following forums can use the free tools at ShareYourself.org to organize a project and apply for a grant:
Saint Johnsbury Area
Grant open date: 11/11 to 11/22
Decision date: 11/25
- Create a social impact Project on the SYS platform
- Upload a Project photo
- Upload a Profile photo
- Complete a 10 minute Orientation Call with a member of the ShareYourself team
- Have at least 3 team members on your project
- Follow 5 different projects/members (excluding SYS team members)
- Create at least two project updates on the ShareYourself platform per week
- Create multiple milestones and tasks by using the project management features on ShareYourself
- The grant money must be used to benefit the project, not the recipient.
- The project must have a social impact mission.
- Grants are awarded to projects that demonstrate progress, viability, and strong involvement from the project creator and tribe members.
Grant winners are chosen based on the following criteria:
- The project must meet the grant criteria; whether it’s location or theme.
- The quality of steps taken towards completion of requirements.
- Active interaction with the SYS platform by both the project creator and their team.
- Activity is defined as demonstrating progress on the development of the project, which includes:
- Frequency of logins
- Opening and closing tasks and milestones
- Creating detailed, creative and authentic tasks and milestones
- Sharing updates
- Active communication with the ShareYourself team regarding the project.
- Demonstration of enthusiasm and dedication for the project, social/environmental impact, and action the project requires in order to succeed.